A&M-Commerce Women’s Golf Ranked No. 11 in Final Regional Fall Golf Stat Rankings

Tyler McDonough, Senior Sports Reporter

Lady Lions pose after a runner up performance at the Skyhawk Invitational | Photo by Coach Matt Ward

By Tyler McDonough | Senior Sports Reporter

The Texas A&M University-Commerce Women’s Golf team finished the fall season ranked No. 11 in the final fall regional Golfstat rankings. In the last three rankings the women have jumped from 22 to 17 to 11.

If the season ended today, No. 11 would be good enough to advance to the postseason in the West Super Region. The top 12 teams in the rankings advance to the West Super Regional.

The Women’s Golf team placed in the top 5 in four of the tournaments they competed in, including a tied for second place finish at the Skyhawk Women’s Fall Intercollegiate in Albuquerque, NM to close out the fall season.

Sarah Wongsinth and Paige-Lee Garris are both nationally ranked in the top 50 by Golfstat for their scoring average, and the top 30 in the region.

Wongsinth is ranked No. 13 nationally, and No. 7 in the region, while Garris is ranked No. 39 nationally, and No. 18 in the region.

The women will be back in action March 4-5 at the St. Mary’s Lady Rattler Invitational in San Antonio, TX at Dominion Country Club.

About the Writer
Tyler McDonough, Senior Sports Reporter

Hello, my name is Tyler McDonough and I am a Senior at Texas A&M University-Commerce. I am originally from Toronto, Canada, but I have lived in...