Corners of Commerce apartments evacuated due to fire

Janae Blocker, Staff Reporter

Janae Blocker
Apartment 101A caught fire at 11:52 p.m.

By Janae Blocker | Staff Reporter

A fire broke out at the Corners of Commerce apartment complex at 11:52 p.m. Oct. 10, causing the entire apartment to evacuate. No one was hurt.

According to Commerce Fire Department chief Chris Bassham, the fire was caused by grease left on the stove by a resident, and the firefighters were out for about four hours battling the flames.

For the displaced residents, Red Cross offered to pay for a 2-night stay at the Magnuson Hotel in Commerce.