aerial2

AL ROKER SPEAKS TO TAMUC STUDENTS

National Society of Leadership and Success

Publicity Co-Chair

Al Roker is participating in a broadcast event sponsored by the TAMUC chapter of The National Society of Leadership and Success. The event, entitled Heroism in Disaster, will be on Oct. 6 at 5:30 p.m. in the Ferguson Auditorium and is free to all students, staff and faculty. The event will be streamed live and hosted by New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ. All viewers are invited to submit questions via Twitter and Facebook, most of which will be answered live during the broadcast.

Al Roker is the co-host and weather anchor of NBC’s “The Today Show” and the co-host of The Weather Channel’s “Wake Up with Al.” Throughout the years, Roker has reported live from some of history’s worst storms and natural disasters. In his book “The Storm of the Century”, Roker tells the inspiring true story of leadership, heroism and survival during the deadliest natural disaster in American history. Al will be speaking about leadership, the resolve of the local community to recover from immense devastation, and the overwhelming national response to the crisis by groups across the country raising funds and supplies.

This is the first installment of the 2015-2016 multi-speaker broadcast series sponsored by the Society. The Society’s Speaker Broadcast series, which reaches more than 493 college campuses and 504,000 students each month during the academic year, is designed to support The National Society of Leadership and Success’s overall mission of Building Leaders Who Make a Better World.

About The National Society of Leadership and Success

The National Society of Leadership and Success is the nation’s largest leadership honor society. It was founded in 2001 to build a community of like-minded, success-oriented leaders who come together to help one another succeed. The Society offers interactive broadcasts with the nation’s best speakers, training in goal setting, and team meetings in which students set and hold each other accountable for achieving goals. These benefits, which aim to help members personally and professionally, are offered for the rest of their lives. Today, the Society has chapters on more than 493 college and university campuses nationwide and serves more than 504,000 members. For more information, please visit www.societyleadership.org. Follow the Society on Twitter @theNSLS and Like on Facebook at www.facebook.com/theNSLS.